Greek olive oil takes top award at SIAL
By Food in Canada staffFood Trends competition Spain tradeshow
Ten olive oils declared best in the world at Olive d’Or competition
Toronto, Ont. – Greece’s Acropolis Organic’s Biodynamic Extra Virgin Olive Oil was named the attendee’s choice at the Olive d’Or awards, which took place during SIAL Canada May 11 to 13 in Toronto.
The Greek olive oil, made without pesticides or chemicals, was named the most popular choice by tradeshow attendees out of a possible 130 olive oils from 14 countries.
In addition, nine extra-virgin olive oils were given awards in three categories – light, medium and strong fruit flavour – selected by a panel of judges in Montreal. Award winners were:
Light Fruit Flavour
• L’Ottobratico Monocultivar, Olearia San Giorgio, Italy (Gold)
• Terre Di San Mauro Organic, Olearia San Giorgio, Italy (Silver)
• 8 Olivos Blend, Agricola y Forestal Don Rafael Ltda, Chili (Bronze)
Medium Fruit Flavour
• Olicatessen, Moli dels Torms, Spain (Gold)
• Casa Anadia, Miguel Sa Pais do Amaral, Portugal (Silver)
• Viola Bio, Azienda Agricola Viola, Italy (Bronze)
Strong Fruit Flavour
• Titone Bio & D.O.P., Titone Azienda Agricola Biologica, Italy (Gold)
• Portico de la Villa, Manuel Montes Marin, Spain (Silver)
• Rincon de la Subbetica Alamoda, Almazaras de la Subbetica, Spain (Bronze)
The Olive d’Or competition has taken place since 2005 during SIAL.
Print this page