New Consumer Products, April 2009
Food in CanadaBusiness Operations Exporting & Importing Facilities Maintenance Bake & Snack Food Confectionery Health & Wellness bread chocolate health
- Dempster’s has launched Healthy Way breads and Fresh Squares both with ProCardio Recipe, designed specifically to improve heart health. The Healthy Way breads contain soluble oat fibre, are the lowest sodium breads in Canada compared to all other national brands, are low in saturated fat, contain no trans fats and are made with 100-per-cent whole grains including the germ. They’re available in white, made with 100-per-cent whole-grain white wheat; wheat, which has a soft and smooth texture; and multigrain, a hearty, chewy blend of 100-per-cent whole grains. The Healthy Way Fresh Squares – available in Cranberry and Apple Cinnamon – are made with 100-per-cent whole grains, are preservative-free, low in sodium and contain seven grams of fibre per square. Both products, which are approved by the Heart and Stroke Foundation’s Health Check program, are available at retailers across Canada. Each 630-g package of bread retails for $3.49, while the Fresh Squares 228-g packages of six squares retail for $3.99.
- Nestlé’s new Kit Kat Senses bar is made with smooth milk chocolate and a silky hazelnut cream filling and three of the famous Kit Kat wafers. The bar is divided into five portions and comes in at 170 calories. Kit Kat Senses is available at grocery and retail outlets across Canada at a suggested retail price of between $1.09 and $1.29 per 31-g bar.
- McCormick Canada has introduced Club House popcorn seasonings. The seasonings do not contain artificial colours or flavours, trans fats or MSG, and are available in 10 varieties, including White Cheddar, Salt ‘n Vinegar, Ketchup, Rajin’ Cajun, and Sweet & Salty. The seasonings retail for $3.99 and are sold at major retailers across Canada.
- FUZE, new from Coca Cola, is a smart line of all-natural tea and juice drink beverages “infuzed” with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. The drink is available in three lines: Refresh, Vitalize and Tea. Refresh is a cool blend of calcium with seven vitamins and minerals, and comes in Peach Mango, Banana Colada, and Strawberry Guava flavours. Vitalize is loaded with electrolytes and vitamins A, C and E to help pump up stamina, and flavours include Blackberry Grape, Orange Mango and Fruit Punch. Tea is a soothing mix of antioxidants and B vitamins and is available in Green Tea. FUZE is available across Canada in 547-mL bottles and retails for about $2.29.
- Toronto-based Grace Caribbean Traditions now offers consumers looking for quick and convenient Caribbean cuisine a new line of frozen meals. The range includes Jerk Chicken, Jerk Pork with Rice and Peas, Jerk Shrimp, Curried Chicken, and Curried Mutton, all with white rice. Created from authentic recipes, the meals are ready after only five minutes in the microwave. The line is available at leading Toronto supermarket chains, and range in size between 325 g and 350 g, with a suggested retail price of $3.99.
Print this page
Stories continue below