Supplier News – October
By Food in Canada staffFood In Canada Fortitech Roquette
• Fortitech, Inc. has launched its own blog called Fortitalk. The interactive forum, at www.fortitalk.com, is designed as a place for discussion about issues affecting the food and beverage industry.
• Brampton, Ont.-based L.V. Lomas Ltd. has acquired Hacrima Holdings Inc. and its subsidiaries Primex Customs and Logistics Inc., Primex Packaging Services Ltd., and R.V. Storage and Assembly Co. Ltd. Hacrima Holdings and the subsidiary companies will be amalgamated with L.V. Lomas’ third-party logistics business Lomas Logistics.
• Kitchener, Ont.-based Boehmer Box celebrated two milestones last month. The packaging printer has gone more than three years, more than one million hours, without a lost-time accident, as well as receiving a Healthy Workplace Silver Award from the Region of Waterloo Public Health.
• FOODTECH Canada, the network linking 12 food centres across Canada, has re-located to Charlottetown, P.E.I. The organization is currently working out of the P.E.I. Food Technology Centre.
• Roquette America, Inc. has been recognized with the 2010 Product Differentiation Excellence Award for its Nutralys pea protein, from consulting firm Frost & Sullivan. The award acknowledges the distinct characteristics of Nutralys, particularly that it is a protein with a neutral taste and odour.
• Brampton, Ont.-based Embassy Flavours Ltd. has entered into a license agreement with Lallemand Mexico, a producer of specialty yeast. The agreement allows Lallemand to manufacture and distribute select Embassy cake mixes in Mexico.
• The Global Food Safety Resource Centre has been launched online at www.globalfoodsafetyresource.com. The online resource offers the food industry a means to connect with experts and service providers through its global food safety network.
PEOPLE ON THE MOVE
• EnWave Corporation has appointed Philip Fitzpatrick as executive business development advisor.
• Symrise North America has made several new appointments to their flavour team: Harris Levinson joins as a senior food technologist, Sweet Business Unit; Ron Spaziani is now product development chef; Sharrilyn Tross-Hall is now food technologist; and Gretchen Doyle joins as national account manager.
• Lavazza USA, the North American subsidiary of Luigi Lavazza SpA, has named Alfredo D’Innocenzo as its new director of Business Development in North America.
• Two MPPs have recently been appointed to the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs – Maria Van Bommel, as parliamentary assistant to the Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs; and John Burke as Ontario Deputy Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
• Phoenix, a San Francisco, Calif.-based manufacturer of stretch and pallet wrapping equipment, has appointed Rob Shoemaker as its West Coast representative.
• Mark Wendenburg, former winemaker for B.C.’s Sumac Ridge Estate Winery, has launched Wendenburg Wine Consulting in Vancouver.
• Taren Gesell has joined Winnipeg, Man-based Sunpeak-Multiwise as a Business Development manager for the retail division.
• PPT Vision has named David Wick as vice-president of Sales and Marketing.
• Viterra Inc. has announced several changes to its corporate management team: James Bell is now senior vice-president, general counsel and corporate secretary; while Doug Wonnacott, senior vice-president of Agri-Products, will take on leadership of Financial Products when it is integrated with agri-products. This integration will mean that the role of senior vice-president of Financial Products, previously held by George Prosk, will be eliminated.
• Adam Finney is now director of Membership and Communications for the McLean, Va.-based Food Processing Suppliers Association.
• Rob Guertin has been promoted to the position of marketing manager for Grand Terrace, Calif.-based Wilden, an operating company within Dover Corporation’s Pump Solutions Group.
• Rob Tieman is now director of Sales and Marketing for Buckhorn, a Myers Industries Inc. company, and a provider of reusable plastic packaging systems.
• Independent Distillers has promoted Alan Danvers to director of Sales Canada.
• Key Technologies has appointed Rob Flodin as major account manager – ConAgra.
Print this page