Supplier News – September
By Food in Canada staffBusiness Operations Kemin Ocean Spray
• Ocean Spray’s Ingredient Technology Group has launched a new website at www.oceansprayitg.comwww.oceansprayitg.com
• Russell S. Flowers, chairman and chief scientific officer of Silliker Group Corp., is the 2010 recipient of the Maurice Weber Laboratorian Award from the International Association for Food Protection.
• St-Laurent, Que.-based Van Eeghen International (North America) Inc. (VEINA) has successfully achieved Food Safety System Certification (FSSC 22000:2010), making it one of North America’s first companies in the industry to do so. VEINA is a leading supplier of value-added food ingredients.
• Food flavouring supplier David Michael & Co., in partnership with First Flavor, Inc., the creators of Peel n’ Taste flavour strips, have entered the greeting card business. The companies were approached by American Greetings Corporation to help develop a line of cards called Tasties. The cards, which launched this summer, feature edible Peel n’ Taste strips tasting like chocolate, glazed doughnut, cupcake and margarita.
• Kemin Food Technologies has hired three new employees: Betsy Blades joins as Marketing manager in North America; Will Schroeder joins as Research and Development director; and Brody Wells joins as Finance director.
• David Michael & Co. has hired Caleb Berridge as associate account manager for the company’s Sales Training Account Management Program.
• Symrise N.A. is expanding its marketing services and Sensory Consumer Department with two new appointments. Ian Björn Thurston is now Marketing Communications manager, while Frank Rapacki is now director of Consumer Insights. In addition, the company has appointed Arlene Kobos to vice-president of Sales.
• Vince Knoch and Tom Rapuzzi have joined Multivac, Inc. as regional sales managers within its food division. In addition, three of the company’s managers within its food division have new roles: Mark Wilhelm is now sales manager, Eastern Division; Gregg Poffenbarger is sales manager, Western Division; and Bill Williams is product manager, Compact Packaging Systems and Tray Sealers.
• Lee-Ann Jaykus is now president of the International Association for Food Protection. Jaykus is also a professor of Food Science and Microbiology at North Carolina State University.
• Jan McCallum has joined the Packaging Assocation of Canada as director of Communications.
• Key Technology has made two new appointments: Jeff Nickerson is now product marketing manager for marketing all of Key’s product lines; and Steve Johnson is product marketing manager for the company’s Process Systems line.
Print this page