People on the Move – August
By Food in Canada staffBusiness Operations Facilities Maintenance Regulation Research & Development Ingredients & Additives CFIA GFTC IFT Key Technology
• Terry Thompson is now the executive director of the Agricultural Adaptation Council.
• Skip Rosskam, president and COO of David Michael & Co., has been elected as a Fellow of the Institute of Food Technologists. The designation recognizes the fact that Rosskam has made outstanding contributions to the food science and technology industry.
• Joel Bustos has been appointed senior vice-president of Global Operations for Key Technology.
• Dr. Brian Evans has been named chief food safety officer for Canada by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. Evans continues to hold the position of Canada’s chief veterinary officer.
• Petra Schennach is now president and COO for the Guelph Food Technology Centre, while Frank Schreurs is president and chief technical officer.
• Martin Jamieson is now the president and CEO of Ocean Nutrition Canada Ltd., while former president and CEO Robert Orr becomes chairman.
• The Canadian Pallet Council has announced its new Board of Directors for 2010/11. They are: Brad Henderson, Sobeys Inc., chair; Brian Parteno, Maple Leaf Consumer Foods, vice-chair; Belinda Junkin, Canadian Pallet Council, secretary; and Clint Sharples, Paramount Pallet Inc., executive member.
• Randy Williamson has been reappointed as chairperson for the Canadian Dairy Commission, while Gilles Martin has been reappointed as commissioner.
• Sébastien Jacquey will be the new winemaker at Jordan Station, Ont.-based winery Le Clos Jordanne. He replaces Thomas Bachelder, who is opening his own winemaking consultancy with his wife Mary Delaney.
• Comax Flavors has made three new appointments: Stefan A. Lublin is now vice-president of Sales; and Kim Kuper and Eric Huss are now regional sales managers for the Southwestern U.S. and the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern U.S. respectively.
• Vahé Zakarian has joined Eckert Machines Inc.’s sales team. Zakarian will be primarily responsible for sales in Ontario’s Golden Horseshoe area, the 200-km radius around Toronto.
• Jim Chatenay has been appointed and Ed De Jong reappointed to the Farm Products Council of Canada.
• JBT FoodTech has announced that Rob Bable will fill the new role of DSI Consistent Thickness (CT) Slicer Product Representative.
• tna, a supplier of integrated packaging and processing solutions for food production companies, has announced several new appointments: Roger Treacher is now key account manager; Tim Moulsdale is senior design manager; and David Townsend is project manager.
• Dirk Reif has joined the Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM) as a Sweetener Development scientist. Reif will lead ADM’s high-intensity sweetener research.
• L.V. Lomas has hired Mary Lim as Technical manager for the company’s Food Ingredient business.
• Bill Brown has been named service manager for Westfalia Technologies, Inc.
Print this page