Market & Co., a First-to-Canada Food Market concept at Upper Canada Mall opens September 7
Kristy NuddsFood In Canada Food Trends Meat &Poultry Bake & Snack Food Beverages Specialty Foods
September 6, 2018, Newmarket, Ont. – On Friday September 7th, 2018, Upper Canada Mall officially opens Market & Co., the first food market in Canada located within a premium shopping centre environment.
Developed by Oxford Properties Group, this new 40,000 square feet space brings together 20 best-in-class local merchants and first-to-market eateries in the York region to create an inspired and memorable food gathering experience.
“With the growing popularity and prominence of urban food markets worldwide, we saw an opportunity to pioneer this concept within a shopping centre. Market & Co. at Upper Canada is a first of its kind food market that features a highly sought-after collection of first-to-market and local merchants and brands,” said Bradley Jones, Head of Retail, Oxford Properties. “We have designed the market so guests can purchase quality groceries and specialty items to take home, enjoy food experiences at the market and take part in special events at the state-of-the-art, built-in demonstration kitchen.”
Market & Co. hosts a diverse and delicious collection of food brands and eateries including:
- Debut retail locations and first-to-market Canadian brands including: Bake Three Fifty; First Batch; FloralEscence; Humble Roots Organic; Ma’s Best Quality Soups; Newmarket Olive Oil; Our Farm Organic Bakery; Pier 87 Fish Market & Grill; Ray Woodey’s Craft Chippery; Seed to Sausage Meatery; Sweet Jesus; The Wine Shop and Tasting Room; and Village Juicery.
- Three full-service restaurants including Canada’s first MidiCi The Neapolitan Pizza Company based in Los Angeles, California; Union Chicken, Chef Michael Angeloni’s celebrated Toronto, spit-fired, rotisserie chicken eatery; and Amano Kitchen, a seasonally inspired Italian restaurant also developed by Chef Michael Angeloni.
- York region local favourites including Vince’s Market and Amadeus Patisserie as well as well-known brands including Starbucks and Sugar King Factory.
Market & Co. also houses “Kitchen & Co.”, a built-in demonstration kitchen that will host regular events, pop-ups and workshops to provide guests with immersive foodie experiences and opportunities to learn from, and get to know their local market merchants.
“We are thrilled to introduce Market & Co. to the community, foodies and guests at Upper Canada. Upper Canada has invested $60 million to bring exciting new food experiences and 20 premium food brands and merchants to the centre,” said Bri-Ann Stuart, General Manager, Upper Canada. “We look forward to celebrating our opening this September with special activities and promotions.”
Market & Co. is located at Upper Canada, 17600 Yonge Street, Newmarket. Doors open to the public at 8:30 a.m. with a festive bread breaking ceremony followed by gift card giveaways, complimentary cooking classes with in-house Chef Julian Pancer, live entertainment and food stations.
Print this page
- Cargill installs the world’s most efficient bottling line, raising the standard for sustainable edible oils packaging
- FBO rallies behind Ontario Being Open for Business, calls for immediate repeal of Bill 148