SIAL Canada announces trend and innovation winners
Top 10 award winners include healthy and natural products
Toronto, Ont. – SIAL Canada has announced the 10 top winners of its Trends and Innovations awards. The winning products are on display during SIAL Canada 2011, taking place at the Metro Convention Centre in Toronto May 11 to 13.
This year’s winners are:
• Creative fresh fruit vinegars, Mendes Gonçalves, Portugal.
• Meal-to-go pita bread, hummus and salad, Summer Fresh Salads Inc., Woodbridge, Ont.
• Fruit & fruit bar, yourbarfactory, Lasalle, Que.
• Individual frozen potato gratin, Cool & Simple, Montreal, Que.
• Maple candies, Decacer, Quebec City, Que.
• Birch syrup, Érablière escuminac, Sainte-Rita, Que.
• Caramelized onions confit, Brickstone Fine Food, Prevost, Que.
• Entrées creatives de foie gras, Urban Foods Provialys, Que.
• Grok cheese snacks, Gattuso Inc., Montreal, Que.
• Quinoa Salad Kit, Tiffany Gate Foods Inc., Toronto, Ont.
This year, the fourth time SIAL has held its Trends and Innovations competition, there were 25 per cent more participants, with significantly more participation from Canada and internationally. The competition is open to all SIAL Canada exhibitors.
According to Xavier Terlet, president of the jury for SIAL Canada, the 10 award-winning products represent current trends in food and beverage worldwide, including health, high quality, nutrition and convenience. Products are chosen by an independent jury of industry professionals, and evaluated based on four criteria: marketing strategy, manufacturing process, packaging and taste.
During the show, one of the winners will be recognized with the 2011 SIAL Canada Grand Prize.
Above: Tiffany Gate Foods’ award-winning Quinoa Salad.