Peller Estates shines at National Wine Awards
Ontario winery is named Winery of the Year
Food In Canada
Grimsby, Ont. – Peller Estates has been named Canadian Winery of the Year at the 2014 WineAlign National Wine Awards.
This was the 14th national competition, this year held in Penticton, B.C. in late June. More than 1,300 wines from 189 wineries across Canada entered the competition, and were reviewed by a panel of wine writers, critics, retail buyers, Master Sommeliers and Masters of Wines in Canada.
Established in 1991, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont.-based Peller Estates is part of Andrew Peller Ltd., the country’s largest Canadian-owned winery.
The top five of the 13 medals awarded to Peller Estates this year include:
- Platinum – Peller Estates Niagara-on-the-lake 2012 Signature Series Sauvignon Blanc.
- Gold – Peller Estates Niagara-on-the-lake 2012 Private Reserve Gamay Noir Carlton Vineyard.
- Gold – Peller Estates Niagara-on-the-lake 2013 Private Reserve Rose.
- Gold – Peller Estates Niagara-on-the-lake 2011 Signature Series Merlot.
- Gold – Peller Estates Niagara-on-the-lake 2012 Private Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon.
The complete award results and a list of the Top 25 Canadian Wineries will be released in coming months.