Mission Hill Family Estate is the big winner this year with 20 medals and top honours
Toronto – B.C.-based Mission Hill Family Estate came out the big winner at this year’s InterVin International Wine Awards, collecting 20 medals across virtually every category.
The winery was also named InterVin Winery of the Year.
Nearly 100 wineries competed for InterVin’s top honour, with the results based on the top five scores from each winery’s entries. In total, more than 300 wineries entered this year’s competition.
Anthony von Mandl is the winery’s proprietor, who saved Mission Hill from insolvency in 1981. Today the winery has emerged as one of the standard carriers for premium Canadian wine.
InterVin says its medalists will be celebrated as part of the Gourmet Food & Wine Expo in November in Toronto. Expo guests will also have the opportunity to sample the winning wines, including at the Gourmet Gala, which will feature the top-scoring wines and a specially selected tasting menu.
2011 Wineries of the Year
1. Mission Hill Family Estate Okanagan Valley
2. Inniskillin Wines Niagara Peninsula
3. Sandhill Wines Okanagan Valley
4. Southbrook Vineyards Niagara Peninsula
5. Coyote’s Run Estate Winery Niagara Peninsula
6. Thirty Bench Wine Makers Niagara Peninsula
7. Red Rooster Winery Okanagan Valley
8. Rosewood Winery Niagara Peninsula
9. Tawse Winery Niagara Peninsula
10. Flat Rock Cellars Niagara Peninsula
11. Wild Goose Vineyards Okanagan Valley
12. Burrowing Owl Estate Winery Okanagan Valley
13. Colaneri Estate Winery Niagara Peninsula
14. Peller Estates Niagara Peninsula
15. Jackson-Triggs Niagara Estate Niagara Peninsula
A Must Read for all food & beverages industry personnel
Canada’s national food & beverage processing authority
Serving the Canadian food & beverage processing industry for over 80 years!
FREE to qualified industry professionals