The Pork Promotion-Research Agency holds first meeting
The Pork Promotion-Research Agency (PPRA) has held its first meeting and identified the members that will guide its first year of operations. The agency will be relying heavily on their collective knowledge and expertise to ensure a successful startup. These members will play a strategic role in shaping the yearly business plan and the five-year strategy for the agency.
The PPRA will be an important vehicle for the pork sector to help facilitate even greater collaboration across the value chain through increased research and promotion activities. In the long run, it will result in improving the long-term growth and competitiveness of the sector.
The pork agency’s twelve members represent pork producers from across Canada, the importer community, and the retail and restaurant elements of the pork value chain.
The Members are:
– Terry Beck, Pork Nova Scotia
– Rick Bergman, Manitoba Pork Council
– Olivier Bourbeau, Restaurants Canada
– Maaike Campbell, Ontario Pork
– Scott Dingwell, PEI Hog Commodity Marketing Board
– Mark Ferguson, Saskatchewan Pork
– Darcy Fitzgerald, Alberta Pork
– Hans Kristensen, Pork New Brunswick
– Pierre Massie, Les Éleveurs de porcs du Québec
– Tyler McNaughton, BC Hog Marketing Commission
– Pat Pessotto, Longo’s
– Troy Warren, Sure Good Foods
The agency has established a website and will be adding more information as it becomes fully operational. Visit ppra-cprp.com for more details. For more information, please contact Gary Stordy: firstname.lastname@example.org