Ontario processors can once again apply for funding under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership
Research & Development
Bake & Snack Food
Fruit & Vegetables
Grain & Oilseed Milling
Ingredients & Additives
Ontario and the federal government announced today that beginning in March farmers and other businesses can again apply for support under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (the Partnership) for projects to boost innovation, economic development, environmental stewardship and food safety.
The intake will take place between March 22, 2019 and May 6, 2019. More information will be available on the websites of the Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association and the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs on or before March 8, 2019.
To date, both the federal and provincial governments have committed cost-share support for more than 1,350 projects through the initiative to help eligible farmers, businesses and sector organizations innovate and grow.
These actions build on progress achieved though previous cost-share programming extended to these businesses and to sector organizations and collaborations.
- This cost-share funding will support projects in the following key priority areas:
- The next application intakes for processors and other businesses (animal health, commercializers and primary agri-food businesses) will take place from March 22 to May 6, 2019.
- The Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) administers cost-share funding under the Partnership to processors and other businesses (animal health, commercializers and primary agri-food businesses). More information about the next application intake will be available on March 5, 2019 on the OMAFRA website or by calling OMAFRA at: 1-877-424-1300.
- The Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association (OSCIA) administers cost-share funding under the Partnership to farmers and other businesses (plant health). More information about next application intake will be available on March 5, 2019 on the OSCIA website or by calling OMAFRA at: 1-877-424-1300.
- Program guides will made be available at: www.ontarioprogramguides.net.
- Applicants will be able submit applications online at: www.ontarioprograms.net.
- Cost-share funding under the Partnership is merit-based and project funding amounts are individually established based on project types.
- The Partnership is a five-year, $3 billion commitment by Canada’s federal, provincial and territorial governments that supports Canada’s agri-food and agri-products sectors.
- The Canadian Agricultural Partnership in Ontario
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association
Source: Government of Ontario press release