Arla Foods suggests new ways to use whey and milk protein
By Food in Canada staffProducts Health & Wellness Ingredients & Additives Arla Foods Ingredients casein functional foods whey protein
Arla Foods Ingredients has launched a new concept highlighting the power of whey and milk protein ingredients to create on-trend meal replacements. It features three new convenient solutions, which showcase the versatility of the company’s Lacprodan range of whey protein and micellar casein ingredients. The three recipes also provide carbohydrates, fibre and fat, and are rich in essential vitamins and minerals:
• RTD beverage: A ready-to-drink beverage with 100 per cent native micellar casein isolate, a slow-digesting protein for long-lasting satiety.
• High-protein bar: With a blend of casein and whey protein for optimal texture and satiety, this nutrient-rich bar maintains its soft texture throughout its shelf life.
• Protein shake: A blend of slow-digesting micellar casein and fast-absorbing whey with a neutral taste that is easy to flavour.
Laima Liepinyte, a sales development manager at Arla Foods Ingredients, said, “Casein and whey protein are must-have ingredients in meal replacements, and these new solutions tick all the important boxes in the category. They are packed with essential nutrients – not just protein, but also lipids, carbohydrates, fibre, vitamins and minerals. They are also quick to prepare and easy to consume, making them ideal for the lifestyle needs of busy, active consumers. We hope they will inspire manufacturers to continue to innovate in a category that is increasingly important in the weight management space.”
Print this page
- Food manufacturer eliminates contamination with pneumatic conveying system
- New sheep milk processing centre opens near Toronto