• Nestlé Canada’s Häagen-Dazs brand is celebrating its 50th anniversary this summer with the limited-time offer of two Canadian class flavour favourites – Chocolate Chocolate Chunk, featuring chocolate ice cream with fudge chunks; and Pralines & Cream, with vanilla ice cream, crunchy praline pecans and swirls of caramel. The super-premium ice cream is also undergoing a facelift this year, with a modern twist to the brand’s classic packaging. The two Häagen-Dazs flavours are available in 500-mL containers.
• Oranje Weisse Premium White Beer is a seasonal brew from Amsterdam Brewing Company. The summer beverage is brewed predominantly with un-malted wheat, giving it a hazy appearance, and contains two types of orange peel and coriander. The resulting taste is a unique flavour combination of citrus and light spice. Amsterdam Oranje Weisse is available in 500-mL bottles for a limited time only.
• Orville Redenbacher’s Spicy Nacho popcorn from ConAgra Foods Canada, Inc.adds a kick of flavour to any snacking routine. Like all Orville Redenbacher brands, the new popcorn variety is 100-per-cent whole grain popping corn, is a source of fibre, and pops in minutes, producing a fluffy, flavourful snack. The spicy nacho flavour comes in a package of six 85-g bags, and sells for a suggested retail price of between $3.99 and $5.49.
• Les aliments M&M now offers a new line of burgers called Butcher’s Grind Beef Burgers. With a homemade taste and texture, the new burgers cook on the barbecue in half the time of a regular frozen burger. The line includes Beef Chuck Burgers, Pure Beef Patties and Sirloin Beef Burgers. Each variety of the line is available frozen in packs of eight 142-g patties, with a suggested retail price of $10.99.
• Tetra Pak’s shelf-stable aseptic cartons make preparing a cottage pantry for the summer a snap. Cottage necessities such as milk, juice, broth and wine are all available in the lightweight cartons, making them easy to transport, store and recycle. This summer Tetra Pak offers consumers summer-ready cottage pantry recipes such as Blueberry Pancakes, Breakfast Granola, Smoothies and Roasted Tomato Soup, all made with food and beverage products available in Tetra Pak cartons.
A Must Read for all food & beverages industry personnel
Canada’s national food & beverage processing authority
Serving the Canadian food & beverage processing industry for over 80 years!
FREE to qualified industry professionals