On March 6, 2012 in Toronto EcoLog Events, Business Information Group’s Environment Division, presents a seminar on Ontario's new accessibility standards
As of January 1, 2012, the Government of Ontario has developed mandatory accessibility standards that identify, remove and prevent barriers for persons with disabilities in everyday living.
Every business in Ontario providing goods and/or services is required to have an accessibility plan in place that addresses customer service, including trained employees.
The next three accessibility standards under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) require Ontario to be fully accessible in the areas of transportation, employment and information and communications, which must be phased in between now and 2021. Filing the accessibility plan for your business is the first step in complying with these new standards.
The seminar will cover the practical information and tools needed to comply with these new requirements, including:
• How to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) Customer Service Standard
• How to avoid costly penalties and fines for non-compliance
• How to develop an accessibility plan that identifies how your organization will provide service to customers with disabilities
• How to provide emergency response information to workers with disabilities (as per the Integrated Accessibility Standards that took effect January 1, 2012).
• David Crocker, Davis LLP
• Olga Dosis, B.A., M.A. (Psych.), M.A. (CDS), Optimal Performance Consultants, Inc
• Speaker to be named, Accessibility Directorate of Ontario, Ministry of Community and Social Services
For more information, visit: www.ecologevents.com/accessibility
CLICK HERE to register online, or call (416) 510-6867.
Ontario’s New Accessibility Standards – Are You in Compliance?
Tuesday, March 6, 8a.m. – 11a.m.
Hyatt Regency Hotel – Downtown Toronto
$95 per person (Includes Breakfast)
For further information, e-mail: [email protected]