Food In Canada


Federation launches new logo

The Federation of Québec Maple Syrup Producers has unveiled a new logo and two taglines to reinforce its presence in international markets

Longueuil, Que. – The Federation of Québec Maple Syrup Producers (FPAQ) has unveiled a new logo and new taglines.

In a statement, FPAQ says the new logo’s two taglines are: “Érable du Québec” for the Quebec market and “Maple from Canada” for promotional activities abroad.

Nathalie Langlois, FPAQ’s director of Marketing, Innovation and Market Development, says in the statement that the federation created the new logo and taglines “to reinforce our local positioning and expand our presence on international markets.”

FPAQ’s new logo and taglines will create a standard to all the federation’s communications and “reinforce brand recognition.”

The agency that helped create the new look was KBS Montreal. In the statement, the agency says the choice of the maple leaf was a no-brainer. The font for “Maple” is round and fluid and meant to evoke “the liquid nature” of the product. And the slight “colour gradation” in the maple leaf is a reference to the new grading of maple syrups according to their colours: golden, amber, dark and very dark.

FPAQ was founded in 1966 and represents some 7,300 Quebec maple businesses. In Quebec there are about 43 million taps. On average, Quebec’s maple syrup represents 72 per cent of the world’s maple syrup production and 90 per cent of Canada’s maple syrup output. Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia together make up the other 10 per cent.

Food in Canada

Food in Canada

Serving Canada's Food & Beverage Processing Industry Since 1938.
All posts by

Print this page

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


A Must Read for all food & beverages industry personnel

Canada’s national food & beverage processing authority
Serving the Canadian food & beverage processing industry for over 80 years!

FREE to qualified industry professionals