Farm Credit Canada honours women in agriculture
The FCC announces the winners of this year’s Rosemary Davis Award
Farm Credit Canada (FCC) has announced the 2011 winners of the Rosemary Davis Award.
The Award honours women who are active leaders in Canadian agriculture. FCC explains that these are women who are role models and who are either producers, agribusiness operators, teachers, veterinarians, researchers or agrologists.
This year’s winners are:
• Bertha Campbell, nurse, farm co-owner and community volunteer from Kensington, P.E.I.
• Wynne Chisholm, cow-calf producer, management consultant, volunteer from Calgary, Alta.
• Liliane Colpron, a businesswoman and agri-food industry leader from Montreal, Que.
• Rossana Di Zio Magnotta, a philanthropist, educator and entrepreneur from Vaughan, Ont.
• Sherri Grant, a producer, educator and volunteer from Val Marie, Sask.
In addition to a hand-blown glass statuette, each winner will also receive an all-expense paid trip to Boston to attend the 2011 Simmons School of Management’s premier leadership conference for women.