Enhanced online Waste Efficiency Tool now aailable to CPMA Members
Following the initial launch of the CPMA Waste Efficiency Tool in January 2020, the association has now deployed a new interface to support its member companies’ waste reduction objectives. The online resource provides businesses with a proven means to generate high returns on investment by addressing waste and recurring procedural problems in a structured manner. Businesses having already used the tool have improved their bottom line by at least 10 percent.
The online tool has been redesigned in order to streamline the processes required in each step of the tool. Changes to the tool include:
- Revitalized interface and simplified user experience
- Universal log in: Log in with your CPMA Community credentials
- Improved flow and simplicity through all 14 steps
- Easily accessible resource page for supporting documentation
Presented in 14 easy-to-navigate steps, the Waste Efficiency Tool applies processes and techniques that are commonly used at the start of a continuous process improvement initiative. Examples of inefficiencies that the tool helps to address include food waste (products/produce), equipment failure, lost production, energy, labour, packaging, transportation and more.
Outcomes achieved by businesses that have completed the online resource include:
- Reduced labour costs – by having implemented more effective daily management systems
- Reduced transport costs – by having modified transportation routes and protocols
- Reduced input costs – by having lessened the occurrence of wasted or damaged products
- Increased revenue – by having accessed new markets or increased sales in current markets
- Increased margins – by having improved the consistency and predictability of product quality
The CPMA Waste Efficiency Tool is exclusively available to CPMA members. Members can access the tool at efficiency.cpma.ca. Non-member companies interested in accessing the tool can learn more about CPMA membership at cpma.ca/membership.