The CDC’s Matching Investment Fund now offers milk processors expanded eligibility criteria and more flexibility
Ottawa – Dairy processors, food manufacturers that process products made from milk and food technology centres that use milk have access to a revamped fund.
The Canadian Dairy Commission (CDC) says it has renewed its Matching Investment Fund (MIF) and relaunched it this month.
The MIF is offering $500,000 for over two years for this program. Dairy processors, food manufacturers and technology centres can access up to $150,000 per project for consultation and product development.
The new program features:
• added flexibility and expanded eligibility criteria;
• simplified application process; and
• special provisions for small businesses.
Companies will still have access to the fund’s previous features, such as:
• Reformulation projects are eligible for funding;
• Innovators have the opportunity to use their own research and development facilities or external facilities;
• Activities such as consultations with experts, product analysis, trials and technology transfer, industrial scale tests, retrofitting of facilities, sample preparation and packaging techniques are still eligible for funding;
• Program staff is available to answer questions, provide guidance during the application process and review draft applications prior to submission; and
• Projects that emphasize the use of solids non-fat (SNF) ingredients such as skim milk powder (SMP), milk protein concentrate (MPC) or liquid skim milk will be given priority and may be eligible for an increased level of funding.
The CDC says the MIF can benefit the whole supply chain, from producers to consumers. Demand for milk should increase, dairy and food product manufacturers get help with their innovation project and consumers get new and innovative products.
The CDC began accepting proposals for projects on Aug. 1, 2012. More information is available at www.MILKingredients.ca.
A Must Read for all food & beverages industry personnel
Canada’s national food & beverage processing authority
Serving the Canadian food & beverage processing industry for over 80 years!
FREE to qualified industry professionals