- This event has passed.
Introduction to Food Science
June 22, 2015 - June 26, 2015
This practical and informative course provides participants with foundational knowledge related to all aspects of food science presented by world-renowned experts.
This course is designed for anyone working in the food industry or a peripheral field that wishes to increase their knowledge in
- Food Chemistry
- Food Processing & Engineering
- Sensory Science
- Food Safety
- Food Packaging
- Functional Foods & Nutraceuticals
The course is designed to give you a five-day overview of the most relevant aspects of food science typically covered over our 4-year undergraduate program.
Ideal preparation course for the IFT Certified Food Scientist exam.
- Garner a basic appreciation in food chemistry focusing on the primary macronutrients: lipids, proteins and carbohydrates.
- Provide a foundational knowledge to complex multi-disciplinary topics ranging from sensory science to food packaging.
- Highlight the interrelationship between food processing, safety and quality.
- Unify the breadth of topics pertaining to food science and health.