- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of Wheat Flour Properties Workshop
May 11, 2015 - May 13, 2015
This three day hands-on workshop is designed to address the principles behind the attributes of flour as an ingredient.
The combination of theory and practice will be a valuable introduction to newly hired employees as well as a refresher for established employees.
Lectures and hands-on laboratory activities explore topics ranging from:
- Wheat grain morphology
- Flour extraction and classification
- Measuring flour quality
- Assessing flour interactions with modifiers
Hands-on group activities will elaborate on the principles governing these aspects.
Lectures will be delivered by leading industry and academic experts.
After attending the Workshop, participants with have an understanding of:
- Grain morphology and its relationship to flour extraction and properties
- Types of flour and the principles behind flour classification
- Techniques and principals involved in assessing flour quality
- Relationship between flour properties and product quality
- Principles of flour interactions with different modifiers
- New technologies and trends as they relate to flour quality, nutrition and utilization
Join us to learn and understand the How’s and Why’s of using flour in baked product systems and to transfer this knowledge to commercial manufacturing environments.