Longo's unique pay-it-forward campaign spread more than love on Valentine's Day - it also raised money for the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
Toronto – Leading up to Valentine’s Day, Longo’s was spreading the love with flowers – and a pay-it-forward campaign.
The campaign was launched with Ecuadorian-grown roses at the Maple Leaf Square location in downtown Toronto on Feb. 10. The store handed out 1,000 roses to patrons.
Each rose had a tag attached to it, which gave shoppers instructions on how to pay-it-forward.
Six different coloured roses each had its own instructions:
• Red: Give the rose to someone you love
• White: Give the rose to someone you admire
• Light Pink: Give the rose to someone you are proud of
• Dark Pink: Give the rose to someone you’d like to make smile
• Yellow: Give the rose to someone you’d like to say thank you to
• Coral: Keep the rose to yourself
Both parties were encouraged to take a picture of their rose and share it on social media by tagging @LongosMarket and using #BeKindToOneAnother.
Longo’s then donated one dollar for each rose shared on social media to the Heart and Stroke Foundation. The more times consumers shared on social media, the more money Longo’s donated.
In total the campaign raised $2,000, which the supermarket chain will be donating to the foundation.