Vancouver, B.C. – The B.C. government’s Buy Local program is giving 20 food manufacturers a financial boost.
The aim of the funding is to help these local and artisanal manufacturers to continue producing innovative products and to be able to distribute them further throughout the province.
One such company is Golden Ears Cheesecrafters, which is located in Maple Ridge.
Operated by two sisters, Jenna and Emma Davison, the facility producers a variety of artisanal cheeses, fresh cheddar curds and cultured butter that are all hand-crafted from grass-fed Jersey milk from their family’s dairy farm.
The sisters also produce quark – a low-fat, high protein cream cheese that is made with grass-fed skim milk and contains 150 per cent more protein than plain Greek yogurt.
The Buy Local program has provided more than $3.5 million in funding to B.C.’s food and beverage processing industry since 2012.
The other companies benefiting from the funding include:
• Anita’s Organic Grain and Flour Mill Ltd.: http://www.anitasorganic.com/
• Aji Gourmet Products Ltd.: http://www.ajigourmetproducts.com/
• Forte Whole Foods Inc.: http://www.fortewholefoods.ca/
• FreeYumm Foods Ltd.: http://www.freeyumm.com/
• Golden Ears Cheesecrafters Ltd.: http://cheesecrafters.ca/
• Inno Specialty Foods: http://www.innospecialtyfoods.com/
• Johnston’s: http://www.johnstons.ca/
• JusTea Beverages Inc.: http://justea.com/
• KAPOW NOW!: https://kapownow.com/
• Little Creek Dressing: http://www.littlecreekdressing.com/
• MAVA Foods Ltd.: http://www.mavafoods.com/mavafoods
• Meadow Valley Meats: http://www.meadowvalleymeats.com/
• Naturally Homegrown Foods Ltd.: http://hardbitechips.com/
• Naturo Group Investments Inc.: http://tracenatural.com/
• Nonna Pia’s Gourmet Sauces Ltd.: http://nonnapias.com/
• North of 49 Naturals: https://www.northof49naturals.com/
• Rossdown Natural Foods Ltd.: http://www.rossdown.com/
• Sun-Rype Products Ltd.: http://ridercider.com/home-main
• Sunrise Pita Company ltd.: http://sunrisepita.ca/
• Tropical Link Canada Ltd.: https://www.tropicallinkcanada.com/