Guelph, Ont. – The Guelph Food Technology Centre (GFTC) has announced that it has chosen the selection committee for the first annual GFTC Food Safety Recognition Awards.
The committee, featuring food professionals from various sectors of the industry, includes:
- Susan Abel, senior director, Product Safety & Trade Regulations, Food & Consumer Products of Canada.
- Denis Bélanger, QA advisor, Audits and Regulations, Agropur Co-operative.
- Albert Chambers, president, Monachus Consulting.
- Neil Checketts, vice-president, National Food Safety, Sobeys Inc.
- Tom Graham, national inspection manager, Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
- Marilyn Lee, professor, School of Occupational and Public Health, Ryerson University.
- Derek Jamieson, vice-president, Parrish & Heimbecker Milling Group.
- Lee-Anne Lyon-Bartley, director, Quality Assurance, Compass Group Canada.
- Keith Warriner, professor, Department of Food Science, University of Guelph.
Award nominations can be entered from Sept. 1, 2012, to Sept. 30, 2012, with recipients announced at the 2013 GFTC Safe Food Canada conference in February 2013. For more information visit www.gftc.ca